Tuesday, February 26, 2013

S.O.S. (Too Bad)

S.O.S. was one of the band's favorite songs to cover live.  Off of Aerosmith's second album, Get Your Wings, this one might have taken a back seat to the more famous Same Old Song And Dance or Seasons Of Wither, but we always loved the energy of SOS.  A couple of us work out some (fuzzy) memories below:

ALEX DONALDSON: "We actually covered their version of Train Kept A' Rollin off of Get Your Wings at one point too and I've always really dug playing Seasons Of Wither on acoustic when we're all just hanging out."

SHAUN SOHO: "Being a hard blues rock band from Boston, we were pretty much obligated to draw heavy influence from Aerosmith, One night we were about to go on - if I tried to guess what venue, I'd be making it up - but we were gonna open with S.O.S. and I'd been sick earlier in the week so my throat was real sore.  I was talking to the guys saying I was a little worried about hitting that high vocal part at the end of the song that night and all of a sudden somebody's older uncle who was at the show shoves me this shot of brandy like, 'hey this is a little trick that will fix you right up.' That self-medicating shot was followed by like several more before we made it to the stage.  I can't remember if it helped, but I also can't really remember the show so I guess I don't remember it not working either."

BO: "We've been talking about what cover songs we'd want to throw into the mix when we go on tour to support the new album here and S.O.S keeps coming up in the conversation.  Maybe we'll give you guys a list sometime soon of the songs we're kicking around and let you guys help us decide."

--Stay tuned here every Tuesday we'll be pulling out some inside stories or telling you guys about what's going on in the Crash Midnight camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment