Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Crash Midnight's Bo Talks Bass Guitars


On the Lost in the City album I’m using a 1977 P Bass which has a nice fat sound. I picked it up at a yard sale a bunch of years ago and was able to find this beauty tucked away in the back next to an old Swingline and some wooden tennis rackets. 
 
Although I love the sound of it, if I’m being completely honest I picked it up mainly because it’s the same bass that Paul Simonon is destroying on the cover of The Clash’s London Calling album. For our next album I’m looking into using a Rickenbacker 3001 to get a bit brighter, more surf inspired sound. I know it won’t be a 25 pound behemoth like the P Bass but the sustain is still incredible. As soon as I have some new tracks recorded with it, I’ll throw some online so you guys can judge the difference for yourselves!


No comments:

Post a Comment