Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What's On Crash Midnight's Playlist?

In almost every interview the band does, we're asked "what stuff are you guys listening to?" or "what's on your iPod?" (if they're going the product placement route).  Here's what's on our playlists at the moment:



SHAUN SOHO: I'm always the one listening to the classic stuff - lately I've been listening to and playing a lot of tracks off of the Rolling Stones' "Exile On Mainstreet" ...we've been jamming on Sweet Virginia, Torn And Frayed, and Ventilator Blues.  I'm really into The Heavy too.  Love their sound and delivery.  "What Makes A Good Man" is what rock n' roll should be and the backup singers really make that song.  I'm into FUN, just wish they'd have lost the auto-tune in their production.  The beginning of "Some Nights" reminds me of the intro to Kansas's "Carry On My Wayward Son" ...very cool.  M83 is pretty cool too.

BO: The Clash is my go to, but I just got the Jay Reatard album - "Turning Blue" has a very cool sound.  I like M83 a lot too.  We've been listening to them for a while.  Definitely a standby at our parties.  Other than those, The Wavves and The Knife have been in heavy rotation for me lately too.

ALEX DONALDSON: Been listening to the new Electric Guest album a lot.  I like what Vintage Trouble has been doing a lot.  It's great to hear another band with a good classic sound doing so well.

TODD FRIEDMAN: As far as newer bands go, I think Vintage Trouble is one of the best new bands around. When it comes to what I listen to on a regular basis, I'll admit I'm a bit stuck in the 90's. Nirvana will always be my favorite band, hands down. But I also love punk rock! Lately, been listening to a lot of West Coast Punk. Everything from Pennywise to the Descendents to older AFI. As much as I love that style of music, I'm also a huge fan of all the great older blues guitarists: Albert King, Buddy Guy, John Lee Hooker, Albert Collins, Jimi Hendrix, etc... All of those guys were incredible players and what they each brought to the evolution of guitar player and the blues is, to me, monumental.


JIM DONALDSON: Offspring "Americana," The Mowgli's "San Francisco," RJD2, The Arctic Monkeys, New Bomb Turks

No comments:

Post a Comment